- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 2 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Knowledge of the IB MYP and DP Curriculum and current assessment practices.
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Competitive tax free salary
- Temporary accommodation on arrival
- A well-furnished apartment or housing reimbursement
- Medical insurance cover
- Annual airfare allowance
- Visa arranged by the school
- End of service gratuity
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
This school group is well-established and works with some of the most prestigious schools in Dubai; each school consisting of its own unique curriculum, values and ethos, catering for an array of teaching opportunities for both experienced and non-experienced teachers from EYFS to Year 13. Curricula provided amongst the schools includes, IB, British and American. The schools within this established partnership sustain the highest international standards in the wake of increasing competition due to a growing population, a worldwide increase in educational opportunities and globalisation. Our schools are therefore keen to bring the best education brands to the UAE to enhance the learning and opportunities of the students they cater for.
Dubai has transformed itself in recent years with a series of creative, ambitious construction projects that have catapulted the city to the top of every bucket list, including the Burj Khalifa: the world’s tallest building, Palm Islands and Dubai Mall. If touring the wonderful architecture is not your thing, why not immerse yourself in a range of activities, ranging from luxury to adrenaline pumping. For instance, enjoy a day sunbathing and sightseeing on a luxury yacht or quad biking at full speed across the golden dunes. If those activities do not tickle your fancy, try a desert safari, camel riding or sandboarding. To finish off the day, feast on an Arabian Nights-style dinner with live entertainment, while gazing at the stars above with the sand gently massaging your feet from below. Want to travel? Dubai is less than 90 minutes drive from Abu Dhabi, 90 minutes flight away from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 60 minutes from Muscat, Oman and 4 hours or less from Cairo, Egypt and Doha, Qatar.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/