- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Experience of teaching the IGCSE and A-Level Business studies and economics and current assessment practices.
- USD 39,000 – USD 54,000 per year before tax
- Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for up to two children
The school offers the British curriculum for students from a multitude of nationalities aged from 2- 18. The school boasts a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, with high-tech facilities and contemporary classrooms, with state-of-the-art educational resources. Special attention is paid to each individual student’s learning style, and lessons and key concepts of individually catered to the needs and requirements of visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic learners. Therefore, lessons are planned to a high standard, where the teacher is viewed as a facilitator of knowledge, with student agency and a child-centred approach to pedagogy encompassing the teaching paradigm.
Once called “the grand dame of the Orient,” Hanoi is a 1000-year-old city that serves as the political capital and historic home of the Vietnamese people. Legend holds that the Vietnamese king Ly Thai To founded the city in the year 1010 upon seeing a dragon flying over the nearby Red River.
Built on the banks of the river, the sprawling city is criss-crossed with lakes and tributaries—chosen in 1831, the name “Hanoi” literally translates to “inside rivers.” Today, it’s one of the fastest growing cities in the world and has seen billions of dollars in development investment in recent years.
While Hanoi isn’t quite large or bustling as Ho Chi Minh City, there are still plenty of things to do and sights to see. Think historic landmarks, lively bargain markets, stunning ancient buildings, and a small but mighty nightlife scene.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/