- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 5 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Experience teaching IGCSE and/or IBDP, or its equivalent like GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Annual airfare allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Free tuition for up to two children
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school offers a six-year secondary and pre-university programme where they take the Cambridge IGCSE in their fourth year and the IB Diploma Programme in the sixth year. Those need to improve their English proficiency or foundation knowledge related to courses would be recommended to take a bridging programme for around six months to a year where they will be taught English, mathematics, science, music, visual arts and a humanities subject. Students in the bridging programme would have separate form classes from the mainstream students. All Singaporean students are required to take their mother tongue as per requirements from the Ministry of Education, unless exempted. International students have to take a second language of their choice and are obliged to do so at IB level as part of the IB Diploma Programme.
Singapore is the best place to live in the world. At least, that is what the expats say. So, what is it about Singapore that appeals to the expats living here? The answer, according to three quarters of the expats surveyed, is clean streets, clean air, public transport system, and safety in the city-state. Singapore is a vibrant, multicultural city that makes it one of the most desirable places to live in Asia for expatriates. The city boasts a strong economy, is a safe place for children to grow up in and has excellent education and healthcare systems. The standard of living in Singapore is extremely high, in addition to many career opportunities and a very stable infrastructure.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.