- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the IB Curriculum is essential
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- USD 51,500 – USD 83,300 per year
- Accommodation or Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Relocation allowance
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher and dependents
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
The school in Turkey is a large IB World School, providing education through to Grade 12. The full authorisation by the International Baccalaureate Organisation means that the school offers students the IB PYP, MYP and DP. Due to the ever-expanding nature of the school and its inquiry-based curriculum, the school provides staff with fantastic continuous professional development opportunities.
Turkey is a fascinating country. Being a transcontinental country, part of both Europe and Asia, Turkey is a bridge between different cultures, making it rich in world history. For instance, Istanbul, the capital city of Turkey, was once home to the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium Empire). Istanbul was known as Constaninople during that period in history, and when the Ottoman empire took Constantinople, citizens fled the city into Europe, which had an immense influence on the Italian renaissance. As a result of both the country’s history and geographic location, Turkey is blessed with glorious architecture, cuisine, and culture from different parts of Europe and Asia.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.