- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the English National Curriculum is ideal
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- EUR 35,000 – EUR 45,000 per year
- Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for up to two children
The school in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, consists of students from the ages of 3 – 18, all of which follow the English National Curriculum. As such, students in the primary division of the school adopt the Cambridge Primary Curriculum, while at secondary school, after completing the Cambridge Lower Secondary module of study, they go on to pursue their International GCSEs (IGCSEs). Although, once at sixth form, it is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma of study that students engage with, allowing them to become well-versed scholars in a range of different subjects and disciplines.
Uzbekistan is a Central Asian nation, known for its mosques, mausoleums and other sites linked to the Silk Road, the ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean. Samarkand, a major Uzbekistan city, is a UNESCO World Heritage site, with a history dating back 3500 years. The city was conquered by both Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan. The city later became the capital city to the Timurid Empire. The city of Bukhara is also recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site for its exemplary medieval city.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.