- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 2 years of full time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the IB PYP curriculum
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Hold a passport from an English-speaking country (required due to visa restrictions)
- A competitive tax free salary based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- 90% Discount on school fees for children
- Annual flights
The school is based in the beautiful country of Italy, and offers the International Baccalaureate curriculum for students from the ages of 3 – 18. As an IB World School, it provides the PYP, MYP and DP programmes of study. The school’s ethos encompasses a student-centered approach to pedagogy that encapsulates collaborative play and creative learning in classes with an excellent teacher to student ratio, allowing students to receive a well-rounded, full and meaningful education.
There are very few places ranked so highly among travelers as the historical country of Italy. Full of rich history from the era of the Roman Empire, you will never find yourself too far away from pieces of beautiful architecture and ancient ruins. In particular, the city of Rome is where you will find a plethora of relics that illustrate the once great Roman Empire, such as the Colosseum, Forum and Pantheon. The renaissance was a truly great turning point in human history for the arts, and I can think of no place better in Italy that a visit to Florence. This city itself is viewed as one colossal art museum, and is home to some of the world’s greatest masterpieces. Italy is not a one-city pony, and should you wish to explore further, there is Venice, a city half-submerged under water. Where we use cars and buses, they use gondolas and boats. If traveling on water is not your cup of tea, why not visit St Mark’s Square, the public square of Venice. Furthermore, if your forte is a bit of shopping, you can not go wrong with a trip to Milan, one of the world’s most fashionable cities. Here you will find the country’s major shopping brands, such as Valentino, Versace, Prada, Armani and Dolce & Gabbana.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/