- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of full time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Strong NQTs are welcome to apply
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Fully furnished accommodation or Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights
- Relocation allowance
The school in Casablanca, Morocco, aims to develop student curiosity and a lifelong desire to learn and develop into adulthood and throughout a student’s life. The school provides the English National Curriculum for their early years foundation stage, prior to adopting the Cambridge International Curriculum from primary sixth form. As such, students follow the Cambridge Primary, Lower Secondary, Upper Secondary and Advanced curricula, with students studying towards IGCSEs in Years 10 – 11 and AS/A Levels in Years 12 – 13.
Morocco is a North African country, which borders the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. The country is characterised by its Berber, Arabian and European cultural influences. For a taste of Europe, visit Tangier, the most European of all of Morocco’s cities. Although, to sum up Morocco in one, visit Marrakech, one of the major tourist attractions in the country due to its vibrant and lively atmosphere. While Marrakesh is full of beautiful architecture and ancient buildings, Oudaias Kasbah is one of the most picturesque towns among a myriad of similar, elegant towns across Morocco. For those history buffs and movie goers out there, you might like to visit Ait Ben Haddou, a golden-stone fortress. Due to its impressive architecture and sheer beauty, Ait Ben Haddow has become a popular film location, including films like Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and The Mummy. For other architectural wonders, you might like to take a trip to Hassan II Mosque; Casablanca’s most distinguished tourist attraction, which stands as a symbol of the city and of Morocco itself.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/