- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of full time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the IB PYP is ideal
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Strong NQTs are welcome to apply
- $54,000 to $65,000 per year TAX FREE salary
- Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher
- Annual flights
- 50% school fees subsidy for children
The school in Macau consists of students from the ages of 3 – 18, all of which follow the English National Curriculum throughout all of primary and lower secondary. While at upper secondary, students go on to pursue their International GCSEs (IGCSEs). Although, once at sixth form, it is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme of study that students engage with, allowing them to become well-versed scholars in a range of different subjects and disciplines.
Known as the Las Vegas of Asia, Macau is famous for its plethora of extravagant casinos, including the largest casino in the world, the Venetian. A casino and hotel with a shopping mall inside modelled after the Italian city of Venice, consisting of buildings, cobble streets and even a canal with gondolas. If the modernity of contemporary Macau is not your thing, why not visit one of Macau’s famous museums. Whatever activity you immerse yourself in; you will inevitably find yourself at a local restaurant. With a range of cultural cuisine, Macau has it all. As a former Portuguese territory, enjoy some delicious Portuguese cuisine. With Hong Kong as a local neighbor, try some Cantonese style food or even some contemporary Cantonese cuisine. Enjoy traveling? Why not visit Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Shanghai, Beijing and South Korea, all within a 3-hour direct flight from Macau.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.