- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Excellent knowledge of the IB MYP and/or IGCSE and/or IBDP Art assessment practices is essential.
- USD 45,300 – USD 65,000 per year before tax
- Fully furnished accommodation or housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Annual flights
- Relocation allowance
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
This international school is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma Programme to those enlisted in the British High School sector of the school. Although, prior to that, students in the Primary sector learn through the English National Curriculum. This curriculum is continued throughout Key Stage 3, prior to transitioning to the Cambridge International Curriculum in Years 10 and 11, where students study towards IGCSEs, followed by taking the Cambridge International Examinations.
Taiwan is a fantastic place to live and teach. Despite having an immensely rich cultural and spiritual heritage, amazing food, world-class hot springs and stunning scenery, Taiwan is normally thought of more for its exports than as a place to visit. Earlier this year, Taiwan was ranked the happiest country in East Asia. It is now also the best destination for expats, according to the 2019 Expat Insider survey. Taiwan is named the best country for expats thanks to a high quality of life, good personal finances, and a great working life, according to the survey. It is rated best in the world for the affordability of healthcare, with 89 percent of respondents satisfied with this factor (versus 55 percent globally). In addition to the logistical aspects of life, 88 percent of expats find that Taiwanese locals are generally friendly.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/