- A university degree from Russell Group Universities
- Ideally, have a formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Ideally, have a minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Strong NQTs are welcome to apply
- Up to 40,000 GBP per annum
- Accommodation or Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher and dependents
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
This international school in South Korea is committed to providing the highest quality learning for all children. We are seeking to appoint a highly organised, enthusiastic, and motivated Reception Teacher on a full-time basis. The school is looking for a team player to deliver year 1 class. This is an exceptional opportunity for an inspirational teacher to join their developing team and to work alongside the Headteacher and Early Years Leader to shape the vision and curriculum of the school in early years and KS1.
South Korea, located in East Asia, is a neighbouring country of Japan and China. Within such proximity to many unique and historical countries, you can fly direct to Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mongolia, and Macau in under 4-hours, making your teaching experience a much larger experience than previously expected. Slightly over 4 hours, why not visit the islands of Guam or Palau, or for a slightly longer flight of just under 6-hours, enjoy a trip to Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, or Vietnam. Apart from the tremendous opportunity to travel and broaden your horizons, Korea is world-famous for its music, K-pop, and renowned for its vibrant cities, futuristic modernity, year-round festivals, trendsetting, exciting restaurants, and coffee shops. Additionally, Korean nightlife is something that needs to be seen in-person, with drinking very much an important part of Korean culture. Drinking is considered by Koreans as the opportune moment to socialize with friends, family, and work colleagues, and you will never find yourself far from a street lined with local and Western influenced bars.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/