- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Knowledge of the American Common Core Standards for English is ideal.
- A clear and valid police check or DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate
- Strong ECTs are especially encouraged to apply.
- A very competitive salary
- Fully furnished accommodation or housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Relocation allowance
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
- Annual Bonus
This school is located in the suburban area in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. Its modern facilities provide a safe and peaceful learning environment for students, with access to nearby parks, shopping centers, and cultural attractions. The school’s curriculum is based on the U.S. educational system, including the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Advanced Placement (AP) courses from the College Board, and is taught from a biblical worldview. The school aims to prepare students academically, socially, and emotionally to enter top universities in Korea, the United States, and worldwide. Additionally, the school offers extracurricular activities, including sports teams, music ensembles, and academic clubs, to develop students’ skills and talents beyond the classroom.
Yongin is a city located in the Gyeonggi Province of South Korea. It is a bustling city with a rich cultural heritage and a growing economy. As educators, Yongin presents a unique opportunity to experience Korean culture firsthand and to teach in an environment that values education and academic achievement. The city has a strong educational system with many schools and universities, including the highly regarded Dankook University. Additionally, Yongin is home to several historic sites and cultural attractions, such as the Korean Folk Village and Everland Theme Park, which offer opportunities for educational field trips and cultural exploration. With its combination of modern amenities and traditional charm, Yongin is a wonderful place for educators to live and work in South Korea.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/