- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum and current assessment practices.
- EUR 27,000 to EUR 44,000 per year
- Fully furnished accommodation or housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Annual flights
- Relocation allowance
- Temporary accommodation on arrival
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
- 90% school fees subsidy for children
- Annual Bonus
The school offers the British curriculum for students from a multitude of nationalities aged from 2- 18. The school boasts a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, with high-tech facilities and contemporary classrooms, with state-of-the-art educational resources. Special attention is paid to each individual student’s learning style, and lessons and key concepts of individually catered to the needs and requirements of visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic learners. Therefore, lessons are planned to a high standard, where the teacher is viewed as a facilitator of knowledge, with student agency and a child-centred approach to pedagogy encompassing the teaching paradigm.
Romania is situated in the south-eastern part of Central Europe and shares borders with Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, and the Republic of Moldova — allowing you to visit a plethora of different countries in short succession. In case you get through that list too quickly, Warsaw, Istanbul, Athens and Rome are all under a 2-hour flight away. Feel like avoiding direct sunlight? Not a problem, enjoy a full-day tour of Dracula’s castle. Not that nocturnal? Fair enough. Why not visit Bucharest’s Old Town, where you will find streets and streets of restaurants, all housed in grand buildings. There are a range of tours on foot and bike throughout the day and night, with the most famous of all being The Communist tour, which teaches you about the rise and fall of Ceausescu while you walk past communist-era landmarks and political memorials. Other tourist attractions include the Palace of the Parliament and Herăstrău Park, which encompasses 187 hectares of land.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/