- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 5 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Knowledge of the English National Curriculum, Cambridge International Curriculum and current assessment practices
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Competitive salary
- Temporary accommodation on arrival
- Medical insurance cover
- Annual airfare allowance
- Visa arranged by the school
- End of service gratuity
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school is a high achieving school in Luxembourg, with many students gaining places at Russell Group universities. The school is a member of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the Society of Heads, The Council of British Independent Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). It provides the English National Curriculum form nursery all the way through to Year 9, and switches to the Cambridge International Curriculum from Year 10, with students gaining IGCSEs at the end of Year 11. Many students decide to stay on at the school for further study, pursuing a range of AS/A Levels.
Located in the heart of Western Europe, Luxembourg is a small European country in terms of its population and landmass. It is famed for its medieval old town perched on sheer cliffs, along with being renowned as the second richest country in the world. Thus, wages in Luxembourg are high, making teaching a lucrative business. Enjoy European architecture? Look no further. The country’s capital is a superb example of the juxtaposition between the old and new as well as natural and man-made. Thus, while offering beautiful contemporary buildings, Luxembourg houses a myriad of castles, none so more spectacular than Vianden Castle. Famous for its world-class food, it is no surprise that Luxembourg’s culture centres very much on eating and drinking, with the capital city hosting the most Michelin restaurants per capita in the world — even Pizza Hut is fancy! Hiking is also a popular activity with the country consisting of a plethora of breathtaking landscapes. Furthermore, being at the heart of Western Europe, many countries are easily accessible from Luxembourg, making it the perfect vantage point for exploring different parts of Europe.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/