- A university degree in counselling or psychology or similar subjects
- A school counselling credentials or formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time university counselling or college admissions experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with pupils who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Ideally have previous university counsellor experience within an IB School.
- Familiarity with highly selective admissions at recognized universities in USA, CAN and UK
- Competitive salary
- Annual airfare allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation or housing allowance/stiped (assistance to find housing)
- 100% school fees subsidy for up to two children
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The international school is based in Mumbai in India and offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum to its students in the primary division (Primary Years Programme), the Cambridge International Curriculum at secondary school (providing IGCSEs) and reverting to the IB Curriculum in Sixth Form, offering a wide array of subjects through the IB Diploma Programme. The programmes of study are used to encourage both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development.
India is located in South Asia and is the seventh-largest country by area. India is a sightseer’s dream, with world-famous buildings such as the Taj Mahal — a testimony to the power of love. Other architecture of significant beauty and wonder include: The Golden Temple of Amritsar, The Golden City, The Red Fort, Agra Fort, Amer Fort, Mysore Palace and The Ellora Caves. For those historians out there, take a trip to the holy city of Varanasi, dating back to the 8th century BC. Varanasi is one of the oldest still inhabited cities in the world. For those more nature driven travellers, Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary will suit you perfectly. Home to tigers and a significant elephant population, you will truly be in the presence of one of the world’s most majestic parks. Tigers and elephants a bit too much for you? Fancy something more relaxing? The beaches of Goa, stretching more than 60 miles, are some of the most elegant and alluring the world has to offer. Do I have to explain the cuisine?
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.