- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 5 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Experience teaching IGCSE or its equivalent like GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level English
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred
- Competitive salary
- Annual airfare allowance
- Relocation allowance
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school offers a modified version of the English National Curriculum for students in EYFS and Primary School. Upon commencing Secondary School, students switch curriculum to the Cambridge International Curriculum, working towards attaining IGCSEs in Years 10 & 11. During Sixth Form, students enroll on the Cambridge Advanced programme, undergoing A Levels. Additionally, the school provides a strong extra-curricular enrichment programme.
A cosmopolitan city, Hong Kong weaves Western and Asian influence into a world-class centre of business, culture, and trade. From its glitzy skyscrapers to exciting attractions, affordable shopping, and yummy dim sum. Hong Kong is great any time of the year, including winter! Not only does the cooler weather make it a pleasant experience, but there are many festive activities lined up for you too.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.