- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the (I)GCSE and ID DP English is essential
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Competitive salary
- Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher and dependents
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
- 2- year contract (renewable)
The school follows the English National Curriculum and International Primary Curriculum, studying the British National Curriculum from EYFS through to Year 9, while adopting the Cambridge International Curriculum in KS4; thus, completing IGCSEs at the end of middle school. In Years 12 & 13, students can enrol on the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP). The school adopts up-to-date pedagogic practice and utilises specialist teachers to develop a deep and holistic understanding of different subjects.
When you enter Kazakhstan, you truly feel like a pioneer. You get the impression that you are the only tourist there. And there are so many places to visit! If you love unspoiled nature, crazy original architecture, and something completely unexpected, it is a perfect choice for you! In Kazakhstan, among other things, you can find miles and miles of intact desert-like landscape with colourful white-red-golden Aktau Mountains, Charyn Canyon, which resembles the famous Grand Canyon and spectacular mountainous lakes – Almaty lake with unbelievably blue, milky waters and Kaindy lake, which was formed after a landslide flooded a part of the forest leaving dry trunks protruding out of the surface. If you think Kazakhstan is poverty-ridden, visit Astana and you’ll think you’re a mini-Dubai. Skyscrapers, fountains, original, extremely modern architecture, and a luxurious shopping mall in the shape of a nomadic tent with an artificial beach on the top floor. Kazakhstan might not be the first country on your list to teach and live, but you will be immediately impressed by its beauty and happy people.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/