- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 2 years of full time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the English National curriculum, IB Diploma Programme and current assessment practices
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Hold a passport from an English-speaking country (required due to visa restrictions)
- €20,000 – €40,000 per year before tax
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- 25% discount on school fees for children
- Laptop allowance
- Annual flights
The school in Lisbon, Portugal, provides an outstanding education for students from the age of 3 to 19. This fully accredited IB (International Baccalaureate) World School provides a rich educational experience for students through the adoption of the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) or Career-related programme (CP). The school acknowledges their diverse cohort as learners from all walks of life, taking into careful consideration the students’ unique learning styles, strengths and challenges they face as international students. Along with being an IB accredited school, the school is also accredited by several other recognised institutions.
Portugal is a southern European country, which borders Spain. Influenced by its locale to the Atlantic Ocean, Portuguese culture consists of exquisite seafood cuisine, sandy beaches and architecture from the centuries of the country’s historical and powerful maritime empire from the 1500s – 1800s. It is therefore fitting that Portugal is home to a plethora of UNESCO World Heritage sites. To be precise, it has sixteen, and is hoping to add several more to that list in the coming years. There is no other country on earth, of comparable size, that houses more than that of Portugal. Visit the medieval villages of Obidos, Monsaraz and Marvão, take a cruise along the Douro River to marvel at the picturesque landscape of the wine country and end your day in the awe-inspiring port city of Porto. For other not to be missed experiences, take a trip to Azores and Madeira, volcanic islands full of wonderment and natural beauty. For sheer elegance and a feeling of royalty, visit palaces in Mafra and Queluz, among a myriad of equally unique and wonderfully charming sites that the landscape of this beautiful country has to offer.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/