- A university degree in counselling or psychology or similar subjects
- A school counselling credentials or formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS
- A minimum of 5 years of full time counselling experience in a school setting
- Experience of working with pupils who have English as an additional language is ideal
- Ideally have previous university counsellor experience within an IB School.
- ¥ 4,000,000 – ¥ 7,640,000 per year before tax.
- Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Annual airfare allowance
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school provides education for students from the Early Learning Centre to High School and offers the IB program, providing the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP) and Diploma Program (DP). These curricula provide a comprehensive approach to teaching and learning. With the IB program guided by an inquiry approach to learning and teaching, the schools hope to develop inquisitive students who explore, wonder, question, experiment, problem solve and take action. The school provides a professional learning program for all members of staff, with a supportive community of staff, provides a comforting working environment and boasts top of the range facilities.
Yokohama is Japan’s second largest city and is a 30-minute drive of the country’s capital, Tokyo. Within such proximity, take as many day trips as you desire. Yokohama itself is not lacking in things to do and places to see. Take a trip to Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, an amusement park with an impressive aquarium and rides, not to mention, entrance is free of charge. For those city dwellers out there, spend some time at Minato Mirai 21, a seaside urban area in central Yokohama, blessed with a great location along the water and a wealth of attractions. Visitors to the area will be able to find shopping centres, restaurants, shops, hotels, a convention centre, an amusement park, a relaxation centre with hot spring baths and museums. For those more tranquil travelers, Sankeien is a spacious Japanese style garden in southern Yokohama, which exhibits a number of historic buildings from across Japan. There is a pond, small rivers, flowers, and wonderful scrolling trails. You may also fancy a journey to Zoorasia, one of Japan’s newest, largest, and best kept zoos. For those gastronomical globetrotters, feast your eyes on, that’s right! Noodles and ramen, at the Cup Noodles and Ramen museums.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/