- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 2 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Knowledge of the English National Curriculum, Cambridge International Curriculum and current assessment practices.
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Competitive tax free salary
- Temporary accommodation on arrival
- A well-furnished apartment or housing reimbursement
- Medical insurance cover
- Annual airfare allowance
- Visa arranged by the school
- End of service gratuity
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school provides both the English National Curriculum and Cambridge International Curriculum. While nursery and EYFS, through to Year 6, closely follow the English National Curriculum, from the beginning of Year 7 onward, students undergo the Cambridge Curriculum, working towards their IGCSEs in Years 10-11 and their International A Levels in Years 12 – 13 through Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
The Sultanate of Oman is a country located on the coast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. Due to its advantageous geographic positioning, Oman’s coast is lined with an array of beaches and holiday resorts. With a plethora of activities readily available to any coastal visitor, from sunbathing and swimming to kite-surfing, water scooters and surfing. If you want to be one with nature, there is nothing quite like the stretch of coast from Ras Al Hadd to Masirah Island, where, annually, you can witness the return of green turtles (a rare and endangered species) as they set up shop and lay their eggs along the beach. For those city dwellers, the capital city of Oman, Muscat, is one of the Middle East’s oldest cities, and considered by many to also be one of the most picturesque cities. This beautiful and encapsulating city, built below rugged mountains, contains European Portuguese-built forms, blue-domed mosques and a sense of Arabia from the historic past.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/