- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or a degree with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching certification
- A minimum of 5 years of science teaching experience in a K-12 school setting
- International Baccalaureate (IB) teaching experience and/or training is essential
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing child-centered, inquiry-based learning activities
- A clear and valid police check or DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate
- £25,000 – £48,000 per annum
- A well-furnished apartment or housing reimbursement
- Medical insurance cover
- Annual airfare allowance
- Visa arranged by the school
- 100% school fees subsidy for children
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
This school is a vibrant international community located in Nagoya, Japan. The school has evolved into a diverse community of life-long learners who embody the values and beliefs of its mission. The school is dedicated to empowering its students to think creatively and critically, pursue lifelong learning, and contribute positively to the global community. With a curriculum based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) programs and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Council of International Schools (CIS), the school provides a comprehensive and challenging educational experience. In addition to its focus on academic excellence, the school also places a strong emphasis on the study of Japanese language and culture, providing students with a window into the regional culture.
Nagoya is the fourth largest city in Japan and the capital of Aichi Prefecture. It is a major economic hub, known for its automobile and aerospace industries, as well as its rich cultural heritage. The city is home to numerous attractions, including the Nagoya Castle, Atsuta Shrine, and the Tokaido Road Museum. In addition to its rich history, Nagoya is also a modern city, with a vibrant shopping and dining scene, as well as a thriving nightlife. The city is well-connected, with a convenient transportation network, making it easy to explore the surrounding areas, including the scenic Ise-Shima National Park. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just looking to enjoy a vibrant city, Nagoya has something for everyone.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/