- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Minimum 3 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school.
- Knowledge of the IB curriculum and current assessment practices.
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal.
- Teachers who are extremely comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation allowance
- Assistance with finding housing
- Medical insurance
- Subsidized public transportation
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Paid Summer, Winter and School Holidays
The school provides education for students from the Early Learning Centre to High School and offers the IB program, providing the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP) and Diploma Program (DP). These curricula provide a comprehensive approach to teaching and learning. With the IB program guided by an inquiry approach to learning and teaching, the schools hope to develop inquisitive students who explore, wonder, question, experiment, problem solve and take action. The school provides a professional learning program for all members of staff, with a supportive community of staff, provides a comforting working environment and boasts top of the range facilities.
Japan is known to be the most advanced country technologically. It also has beautiful weather and a wonderful climate. It is well known for its food. It is known for being the world’s best destination for people who are looking for new adventures and experiences. Expect the unexpected in this country. Travel to Tokyo and immerse yourself in world class dining, vibrant nightlife, rich history, and a bustling megalopolis. Head to Shibuya and walk across the largest crossing in the world, the Times Square of Tokyo and just have your mind blown at the stream of people.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.