- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of full time teaching experience with some leadership experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the IB PYP is essential
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- USD 50,000 – USD 75,000 per year before tax
- Housing or Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher and dependents
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for up to two children
Our school in Guangzhou is a IB World school, providing a broad and balanced curriculum based on the English National Curriculum. The school is contemporary, and purpose built that provides a learning environment which is caring, motivating and supportive, allowing all students from different backgrounds and cultures to achieve their personal best and to become responsible global citizens. It also encourages critical thinking and positive risk taking in the ever changing, competitive and globalised world of today.
Guangzhou is the third largest city in China, after Beijing and Shanghai. A 2018 report by the United Nations and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences has named Guangzhou as China’s most liveable city – and it is not hard to see why. With its internationally acclaimed dining scene, rich cultural life and serene natural beauty, the southern provincial capital has much to offer. As one of the Chinese mainland’s four top-tier cities, it is at the forefront of modern living, yet simultaneously maintains a decidedly relaxed way of life.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.