- A university degree
- A formal teaching qualification, such as, a B.Ed., M.Ed., PGCE, PGdip or QTS (Please note that TESOL and TEFL certificates qualify teachers for ESL positions only)
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching the IB DP Mathematics is ideal
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language is ideal
- USD 35,000 to USD 75,000 per year
- Housing or Housing allowance/stipend (assistance to find housing)
- Comprehensive medical cover
- Annual flights
- 100% school fees subsidy for up to two children
This outstanding international school in Changshu offers the IB Diploma Programme (DP) and the IB Diploma Course Programme (DC). Both courses are comprehensive and rigorous two-year curricula, leading to a series of externally set examinations, placing strong emphasis on high academic standards, the ideals of international understanding and responsible citizenship.
Suzhou is an affluent, well-educated city located in Eastern China, historically known for the production of silk. Renowned for its beautiful gardens, Suzhou has over 60 classical gardens, which collectively form a UNESCO World Heritage Site (the most UNESCO-recognized gardens in the world). The Humble Administrator’s Garden and the Lingering Garden being among the most famous. Suzhou also hosts an array of water towns, known for their shopping streets and canals —no more so than Tongil. A huge benefit of living and working in Suzhou is its location. Traveling on the bullet train, you can be in Shanghai in 23 minutes, or fly abroad to Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, or Macau, all within a 3-hour direct flight.
Click 'Add to my job list'
Agree & Confirm
In a hurry? Send your CV directly to FlyTeachers at Candidate@FlyTeachers.com and be consulted by one of our bespoke recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be notified. Further jobs advertised can be found at: https://jobs.theguardian.com/employer/7028261/flyteachers/
FlyTeachers is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding. We are committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.